Mojo Pork Chops
Mojo sauce is a combination of fresh orange juice, lime juice, herbs and spices traditionally used in Cuba for cooking meat dishes. It is packed with garlic and onion with the addition of citrus taste which makes it perfect for marinating or dipping.
- 2 pork chops
- 150ml orange juice
- 50ml lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 25ml white wine
- Combine 100ml orange juice, 30ml lime juice and pork chop in sealable container. Let marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Mix black pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and oregano in a small bow. Dry the pork chops and coat with this mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sear each side of the pork chops until brown.
- Reduce heat, add onion and garlic, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining orange juice, lime juice and white wine. Reduce heat and let simmer until the liquid is reduced and slightly thickened. Continue to cook until the pork chops are cooked through.
- Transfer the pork chops to two plates, cover and keep warm. Reduce the liquid by half and then pour over to the pork chops before serving.