Spinach salad with warm bacon dressing
This salad combines bacon with baby spinach, mushrooms, boiled eggs and a sweet tangly flavored warm bacon vinaigrette dressing which is wonderful for someone like me who don’t like to eat cold salad in cool autumn nights.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 80g baby spinach, pre-washed
- 4 pieces white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 soft boiled eggs, thinly sliced or cut into wedges
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1-1/4 tablespoons white wine or cider vinegar
- ¾ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & black pepper
- Place the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until cooked.
- Transfer the bacon to a bowl, add the shallots and cook until softened and add to the bowl with the bacon. Add the mushrooms and slightly cook through.
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt & pepper in a bowl. Add the bacon and shallots to the dressing. Then add the spinach and mushrooms and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide the salad into 2 bowls, evenly divide the eggs and serve immediately.