Roasted mushroom soup
I am always a big fan of mushroom soup and this recipe is so tasty with the mushrooms roasted.
Ingredients 2 servings
- 250g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 550ml vegetable stock
- ½ shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5g butter
- 60ml cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil and season with salt & pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes at 180C until softened. Transfer to a blender (save a few slices for garnish), add 120ml of the stock and puree until smooth.
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Add shallot and cook until softened, then add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with wine and cook for another minute. Stir in flour until well mixed for 2 minutes. Add the mushroom puree, the remaining stock and cream, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until soup is thickened.
- Top with reserved mushrooms and serve warm.