This apple crisp is so delicious to eat with hand wipped cream. This portion is good for 2 persons if you want to eat more, or a nice dessert after a full meal for 4 persons. Just scale up for a larger baking dish for more people.
- 4 Gala apples
- 50g all purpose flour
- 60g light brown sugar, packed
- 30g quick oats
- pinch of salt
- 50g cold butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20g light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make
- Combine flour, 60g brown sugar, salt, then add butter and mix until the mixture clumps together. Add the oats and mix well. Set aside.
- Peel and core the apples, then cut into wedges and thinly slice the wedges. Put in a bowl and add lemon juice. Toss well. Add the cinnamon and 20g sugar. Mix well.
- Transfer the apples to a baking dish and top with the crumb mixture. Bake in a preheated oven 180C for about 40minutes until the apples are tender and the topping nicely browned. Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream.