A taste of cajun! This homemade blackened seasoning is great for any meat and fish dishes.
8 pieces shrimp, deveined, rinsed & patted dry
1 clove garlic, minced
5 pieces cherry tomatoes, halved
green onions, sliced
½ tablespoon paprika
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine seasoning in a small bowl. Coat the shrimps evenly.
- Cook the pasta according to package instruction. Reserve 200ml of pasta water and drain the pasta.
- While cooking the pasta, saute the shrimps with garlic until opaque and slightly firm. Remove from the frying pan.
- Add the tomatoes and half of the pasta water to the frying pan. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the drained pasta and shrimps to the pan, then add pesto sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve hot. Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle the green onions on top.