Traditional risotto is cooked on a stove top, and it requires attention when cooking. Baked risotto, on the other hand, delivers a pot of tender rice is super easy to cook, and requires only stirring once. You can easily add this to your busy weeknight meal plan.
- 200g arborio rice
- 1 broccoli
- 15g bacon
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Trim the broccoli and cut the florets into smaller pieces.
- Add the rice in a dutch oven and lay the broccoli on top.
- Add olive oil, salt and 450ml water. Cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir the rice and test to see the firmness. Bake for 10 minutes longer without lid.
- Add lemon juice and pepper. Cover with lid to keep warm.
- Stir fry the bacon and put on top of the rice. Serve hot.