Mushroom tortellini with green onion butter sauce
his is a simple pasta dish that you can eat on a busy weekday evening. I like morels and porcini for the rich taste. Of course, you can use any kind of mushroom as you like.
Ingredients 2 servings
- 300g mushroom tortellini
- green onions, white parts, chopped
- unsalted butter
- 8 pieces dried morels
- green onions, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- Submerge the dried morels in warm water and set aside for 15 minutes. Drain the morels and save the water.
- Boil some water and add salt. Cook the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Saute the green onions (white parts), then add the morels and sear until they give up their water. Add some butter and saute until the morels and onions begin to brown. Add a little bit of the morel soaking water and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and the green onions, toss to combine. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve at once.