Homemade pizza dough and pizza Margherita
The most classic homemade Margherita pizza with fresh Mozzarella cheese and homemade tomato sauce. It’s simple and tasty!
- 225g all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 155-157 ml warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
For the topping
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- homemade pizza sauce
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil or rocket leaves
For the pizza sauce
- 1 small clove garlic (cut into few rough pieces)
- 400g canned tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried oregano
- kosher salt
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until fully combined. Reserve the remaining sauce and refrigerate for up to a week.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and leave out a small amount of water.
- Stir with the dough hook and start with low speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until a ball forms. Mix at medium high speed for another few minutes until the dough is not sticky.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover and let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Gently shape the dough into a circle. Drape the dough over both of your knuckles and rotate it around to stretch it into a circle. If the dough starts to resist stretching, put it down and rest for a few minutes. Do not over work the dough.
- Place the dough onto a baking sheet. Spread the pizza sauce and add toppings.
- Bake at 260C oven for 15-20 minutes until browned. Let cool before slicing and serving.