This seared scallop pasta comes with a light creamy sauce that is perfect for Valentine’s dinner at home.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 10 large sea scallops (defrosted and pat dry with paper towel)
- olive oil and butter
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 230ml fish broth
- 60ml heavy cream
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 200g linguine
- Prepare a pot of salted water and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve about a cup of pasta water.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on scallops before searing. Heat a large frying pan, add oil and butter over medium high heat. Once hot, add seasoned scallops and sear for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side. Transfer to a warm plate.
- In the same pan, use the leftover butter and oil to saute the shallot and garlic until fragrant. Add broth and scrape any browned bits. Then add cream and bring to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss with the sauce, simmering to thicken a bit more. If the sauce is too thick, add some reserved pasta water. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Top with scallops.