This is a popular Japanese stewed dish and you can serve with or without steamed rice.
- 3 medium size potatoes, cut into chunks
- half onion, thickly sliced
- 50g carrot, cut into chunks
- 120g ground beef
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 150ml water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine
- Add carrots to a frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, stirring often and breaking up the meat just until it’s no longer pink. Add onions and potatoes, then add the curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the seasonings and cover with a lid. Cook until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot.