This shrimp scampi is easy to make and look so elegant for Valentine’s dinner. It can be served as an appetizer or served as main dish.
- 300g frozen shrimps
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 60 ml white wine or fish stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- minced parsley
- Thaw the shrimp in cool water, remove the shells and devein the shrimps. Rinse and drain the shrimps, then transfer to a small bowl. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil, half of the garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for a minute, then flip over when they become opaque. Cook for another minute and make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Melt 2/3 of the butter over medium heat and add the remaining garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until fragrant, then stir in the wine and lemon juice. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and reduces by half.
- Add the shrimps back to the pan and stir in the remaining butter, and salt to taste. Sprinkle with the parsley and cook for a minute. Serve warm over rice, pasta or dip with bread.