Creamy sun dried tomatoes fettuccine
The flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and olives are so intense that this sauce requires not any additional seasoning. With the homemade fettuccine, it is a perfect dish for dinner. For variations of pasta shapes, shells and farfalle are good choices because they can trap the sauce in their hollows.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 90ml heavy cream
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes, drained & finely chopped
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 6 green olives, pitted & finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 200g fresh homemade fettuccine
- Cook your choice of pasta according to package instructions. For fresh pasta (I made fettuccine this time) cook for 3-4 minutes until al dente.
- While boiling the pasta, combine the cream, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and onions in a frying pan over very low heat. Heat until the cream is lukewarm and slightly pink.
- Drain the pasta. Reserve 30ml cooking water and stir into the cream sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving dish. Pour the cream sauce over the pasta. Add salt & pepper to taste, and the Parmesan cheese. Toss & serve at once.