Crack cake has its name because it’s so addictive like crack! It is so delicious and easy to make.
- 160g cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g granulated sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 118ml vegetable oil
- 120ml buttermilk
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- icing sugar
- Mix ingredients A thoroughly and set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Add ingredients B to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and crumble the reserved topping [if the topping is not crumbly, add 2 tablespoons each of brown sugar and cake flour until the desired texture is formed)
- Bake at 210C for 20 minutes. Then lower to 190C for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the icing and drizzle to the cake while warm.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, use 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice and add enough milk to equal to 120ml. Set aside for 5 minutes, then use.